Here at Uncommon Childhood, we are dedicated to encouraging and equipping families to live their dreams.
Our readers are parents who want something more than the “status quo” for their families and we seek to inspire them with the possibilities that exist “outside the box” of the typical modern family.
A Few Guidelines:
- Articles should be engaging, encouraging and practical.
- There should be a clear “What’s in it for me?” take-home message.
- Your article should fit within one of our established categories.
- Be careful not to make “value judgments” about lifestyles different than your own.
- Articles should be written in a friendly, down to earth tone. We’re a community of travelers on a common path, we share, we don’t preach!
- In general, articles should be around 1000 words. If you have an idea for a longer piece, please speak to the editor in advance.
Please submit your articles as a Word .doc file in Times New Roman 12 pt. font, with ONE space only after a hard stop (period.) Please do not invest a lot of time in fancy formatting, as our editors will apply the necessary formatting when your article is posted to the site.
If you have a photo you’d like to submit for possible publication with your article, please format it to no greater than 500×333 pixels and attach the image credit information. We reserve the right to select photos that the editors feel best fit the article and the branding of the site.
Please include a SHORT (fifty words or less) bio to accompany your article and the URL to your website if you’d like a link.
Send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org We will be in touch within two weeks to discuss your submission and our publication schedule.
At this time, we are unable to pay for articles published, however, we hope to in the future and regular contributors will be most likely to be selected for commissioned articles when funds become available.
If you have an idea for an e-book, or another product that you would like Uncommon Childhood to consider for publication and promotion through our site, please contact the editor with a brief pitch and we will be happy to consider your idea!
The Editorial Team